Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spoil Mom: Mother's Day Gift Guide

It's that time of year again. The time of brunches, mimosas and handmade gifts from my kids - Mother's Day!

If you're looking for a special gift for mom (or even for yourself!) or are dropping some not so subtle hints for the hubby, here are some ideas we think are cool:

1. A couple of guilt-free hours to spend however mom wants. Schedule a Simplify household assistant to tidy and clean the house so that mom can come home from the spa, family outing or brunch to a house of clean dishes, laundry put away and toys tidied up.

2. Personalized Siblings Custom Print. Create darling silhouettes from your kids' pictures posed in a variety of settings and personalized with their names. Makes a wonderful keepsake!

3. A book of promises from the family. I love these coupon ideas, courtesy of PAMP: a hurry up or "fast forward" coupon (like for the morning rush), stop whining immediately coupon, or a 1 hour quiet time activity coupon.

4. Silver Stamped necklace with children's names. I recently ordered a similar necklace with my kids' names and birthstones and have gotten so many comments on it! I love mom jewelry.


5. Some photos of the kids WITH mom. If you're like me, I have tons of photos of my family, but since I'm always the one behind the camera, I have none of myself with the kids! Sign mom up for Baby Buzz's Mommy & Me photo session on May 7th.

6. And of course, the spa is a tried and true favorite. Book a treatment for mom at Tova Day Spa


For more gift ideas, check out the Cool Mom Picks Mother's Day Gift Guide. They've got suggestions for all types of moms. Personally, I have my eye on a heart-shaped Swarovski pendant, that is actually a 1GB USB memory key. How cool is that?

No comments: